Don't diss the condiments.
What a complex and thought provoking issue! Are dips a condiment or vice versa? They all seem to be a sauce of some sort that add to the pleasure of whatever you are eating. Is peanut butter a condiment? Hummus? I've dipped in these AND had them as full meals so what are they exactly?
They are....... a food group.
I think it might take a degree in Philosophy to argue that but whatever they are....they rock! Dips or condiments are the spice of life to some of the tasteless veggies and an awesome cover up for some of the most vicious tasting dishes. Ever seen a family member cover spaghetti noodles in ketchup? I have and after I stopped laughing on the inside I realized that it wasn't pretty.
Potatoes are destined to be a part of the dip/condiment food group. They beg to be dipped. Does anyone even know what a potato tastes like without something on it? I've seen salsa, BBQ sauce, mustard, mayo, hummus, ketchup, malt vinegar, hmmm, what else? I know these because I've done it. I never eat a potato with enhancement. And why should I? There are too many flavors that lend themselves to be in the potato repertoire.
I can eat rice every day with a different dip and it's like a whole 'nuther meal that you never get tired of
Some people are mayo lovers, mayo haters...ah, the Mayo Hater. I have a friend, Dan, that girl screams when a mayo bottle appears. "It's the bastard condiment!" My spiteful side wants to chase him around with it but I let it go to sit and dip french fries in it. I learned that while working at Wendy's in high school. And that was the mayo that is so greasy it discolors the cup. Perfection. Heaven.
So whatever your flavor, dip or condiment.... EAT IT!

No comments:
Post a Comment