But that just ain't me.
I piss and moan, I clean a little less than that and I cook even less than THAT but when I do, by god, it's memorable. Or not. As I've said before I can dip into a cooking rut like a muskrat lookin' for his 'fraidy hole.
If you live in Missouri, you know what a 'fraidy hole is. Sorry for the vague, or somewhat vulgar sounding, reference to a tornado hidey hole.
Cooking just sucks. I do it because I have to. I try to love it. I promise I've tried but it's work. When I see a beautiful assortment of God's bounty at the produce stand or organic farm stand I groan with the amount of work that goes into cleaning, cutting, preparing, storing, god forbid CANNING, veggies. I want a sous chef. Like any of those fools on FoodTV would cook without a knife wielding genius off camera cutting all their stuff.
My favorite ingredient right now are tortillas. Holy Robin's Too Tight Tights, those things are so versitle, verstile?, versital? oh...anything can go in 'em! I've folded them, wrapped them, fried, them, baked them and woe to my poor family for enduring another recipe from 101 Things to Do With a Tortilla. I wouldn't even call it a recipe more like an idea that I had to make my own. With cheese. Gotta have cheese.
I don't even take pictures of these things. They are like the color beige. Just - too - boring.
BUT now there are 4 of us to feed. My job just got harder.
Baby food is easy though. The little chunkers eat about anything and if they don't just dive into the emergency stash of jarred wonders and all is saved! yeah SUPER MOM! For everyone else though it's just not that easy. Although it should be.
| The lure of the Hamburger |
ok ok so Sonic may not be all that bad - it's white bread and gov't cheese. But still; I have a produce bowl full of great fruits and veggies that gets snarled at because of the lure of the Hamburger. And it's infuriating.
Not to mention the Food Pyramid. Like I give a crap about it but we have to have something to go on... and adulterate.
![]() | |||||
| There. That's better. |
Dude. It's only food. NOW EAT IT!

No comments:
Post a Comment